I ran into this error today when I added some transformations to my web.config to allow for different versions of the config to exist (I’m using one for different nodes on Azure, and local debugging). The problem is, after I did this and redeployed, I received the above error.

Turns out, it has to do with a processor setting that gets populated when adding transformations, and is easily fixed. You’ll need to go into the project file for each of your webroles, edit it with a text editor, and remove all platformtarget entries.

Easiest way to do this is to do a replace the following: “<PlatformTarget>AnyCPU</PlatformTarget>” with nothing. I ended up having to remove four total. Once I redeployed after this change, the project worked appropriately

Advertisements